Wednesday, March 24, 2010

False Teeth

Funny. Yes. Funny how all can change post slight readjustments. When all we know has been flipped around. Morals now are mere suggestions to abide by. Bandages now last the evening, just to be torn off while resting. Selfishness now stands hand in hand with selflessness, because at least one party HAS to be selfish for the other to be selfless. All that we know has been altered into an unrecognizable state. To me, all is ruin. Tossed aside are the compassionate hearts of those who used to accommodate those in need. Sure, my kind looks similar to years passed, but no one truly ventures to understand the damage done. It's there. You're there. Everyone is there! Lifting themselves up by re-entering the barbaric state that I thought we were too old for, too mature, too wise for! I suppose even dreamers are there. I myself, have been worn down into a fraction of the life I thought I was. I was a fool to think the former moments of my life were difficult. They are nothing to the everlasting pain I now endure. Those I loved and respected now torn from me. Our foundation is crumbling. Focus has been lost. After all, relationships form when leadership is out of the picture.

P.S. I don't know you anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment